We care about our communities, our customers, our associates, our environment and the health of our ecosystems. We care about today and tomorrow. To learn more, please view our inaugural 2020 ESG Report.
We are committed to promoting environmental sustainability, responsible sourcing, waste reduction, recycling and efficient transport. Our business decisions are guided by this principle: Do what is right – for our people and our planet because Every Drop Counts®.
OUR ESG INITIATIVES
We understand that a focus on sustainability drives efficiencies, inspires innovation, builds a platform for long-term growth and assured supply, and keeps us accountable to our commitments and our customers. It is important to our business, our community and our planet. We intend to accelerate our sustainable practices in the years ahead through:
- Elevating our water stewardship practices through compliance by 2025 with the Alliance for Water Stewardship’s international standards for key spring water sources.
- Reducing our carbon footprint through lower greenhouse gas emissions and becoming CarbonNeutral® certified in the United States by the end of 2021.
- Continuing sales and distribution of our returnable, refillable, and recyclable 3- and 5-gallon bottles.
In 2020, we made significant progress toward our ESG platform’s cornerstone initiatives, water stewardship and carbon neutrality, continuing to build on the company’s track record of sustainable practices:
- We received certifications from the Alliance for Water Stewardship (“AWS”) for our Diamond Spring site in Pennsylvania and our Wekiva Spring site in Florida;
- We achieved carbon neutral certification for our U.S. operations;
- We achieved carbon neutral certification for our European subsidiary, Eden Springs, for the ninth consecutive year;
- We continue to replace older model diesel vehicles in our delivery fleet with propane-powered vehicles that deliver greater fuel efficiency and help lower our greenhouse gas emissions; and
- We remain on target to reach full AWS compliance of all key owned spring sources by 2025.
Doing what is right
- Respecting the human rights of the people in our businesses, communities and supply chain
- Innovating and finding new ways to serve our customers sustainably
- Applying best practices to the work we do to reduce waste and our use of natural resources
- Giving back to our communities
- Supporting disaster relief efforts
Our focus areas
Environmental, Social and Governance