We care about our communities, our customers, our associates, our environment and the health of our ecosystems. We care about today and tomorrow. To learn more, please view our inaugural 2022 ESG Report.
We are committed to promoting environmental sustainability, responsible sourcing, waste reduction, recycling and efficient transport. Our business decisions are guided by this principle: Do what is right – for our people and our planet because Every Drop Counts®.
Since publishing our inaugural report covering 2020, we have further integrated our ESG strategy across our global business and aligned our operations with our commitments. We made significant progress towards our ESG initiatives in 2022 and achieved new milestones, including:
- Appointing a Vice President of ESG who is responsible for supporting and coordinating management’s ESG process and activities.
- Achieving CarbonNeutral® Company certification for our global operations in accordance with The CarbonNeutral Protocol, the leading global framework for carbon neutrality.
- Continuously investing in low-carbon fleet, adding 70 propane trucks.
- Implementing Automatic Route Optimization (ARO), reducing 416,000 miles in 6 months, equivalent to ~700 mt of CO2.
- Completing energy efficiency projects, saving 754,876 kWh, or ~535 mt of CO2e.
- Joining The Water Council’s WAVE: Water Stewardship Verified program, an independent certification process for water stewardship reporting and verification.
- Completing our third year of HR strategy roll-out, focusing on improving the recruitment, onboarding, and exit process.
- Finalizing the exit from our single-use retail plastic bottle business across our North American operations, eliminating ~22 million kg of singleusehigh density polyethylene (“HDPE”) plastic annually from our portfolio of drinking water solutions.
- Continued Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions reduction performance, reducing our emissions by 5%.
- Improved water inventory data collection efforts, achieving 100% primary data for plants and 96% company-wide, an improvement of 6.3% and 68% respectively.
- Donating over $1,000,000 between product donations, direct dollar giving and proceeds.
Doing what is right
- Respecting the human rights of the people in our businesses, communities and supply chain
- Innovating and finding new ways to serve our customers sustainably
- Applying best practices to the work we do to reduce waste and our use of natural resources
- Giving back to our communities
- Supporting disaster relief efforts